Sunday 10 January 2010

Set Building

So here's the set building I've been doing over christmas, they're not quite finished yet.

To make everything solid I started by cutting shapes for the trees, hedges and houses out in thin mdf type wood. I Then layered paper on top to create the style I'm looking to achieve. I'm very happy with the way it all looks. Although I'm thinking about redesigning the style of the characters so they fit in better.

Everything apart from the ground is not glued down. This is so the trees, bushes, fences and houses can be moved around and placed in different posistions for different scenes. To do this put a ledge behind where the trees and hedge rows are so they can lean against it. When I am animating I will sucure them with bluetac or masking tape so they dont move and ruin the animation.


Below are the three main trees. left to right: the tree Yuri is hiding in, the tree he falls in love with, and the tree him and his new love are in in the end.


It was difficult to make the trees stand up and be solid. I did not want to have to glue anything down because some of the backgrounds are used in more than one scene. I also didnt want to make big supports because this would affect the lighting. So I decided to make small supports and then attach lead to it so it would weigh the trees down as they are very top heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment